Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to School, Kind of Like Christmas

Summer seemed to end quickly this year. Not that I'm complaining. This year brings a new school for the kids and new freedom for me; one child at home.

Morning came early the first day. I set my alarm for 6:45 so the kids could wake up, eat their "brain-food" (pop tarts), get ready, take the necessary pictures and head to the bus stop. Which I must admit is awesome because it adds almost another hour to my peaceful day at home with my baby. The bus pulled up (to the park just down the street) and all the parents who walked their kids there were yelling their, "good-byes" and "I love yous". Then the bus pulled away and all of the parents cheered. It was pretty funny. I was standing in my driveway, in my purple polka-dot bathrobe LOLing away.

Has there ever been a cuter first-grader? She is very excited about the bus ride, long day and school lunch. Are those really the best things about school? We'll have to let her figure that one out!

She decided to add some bangs to her new hair-do and I love it. We also cut it a little shorter in the back and it has ended up being such an easy and adorable look for her. She has also developed an obsession with vests. She wanted to buy the one she has on in every color. Let's hope more stores pick up on the vest trend!


Finn is a big third-grader, and I do mean BIG! Honestly, where did this giant come from? Does anyone else have an 8-year-old with feet as big as theirs? Finn is "trailer trash" this year. I am not sure that there were trailers when I was in elementary school. He thinks it's pretty cool because, since there isn't a drinking fountain out there and it gets hot, the kids all get their own water bottle at their desk. I guess it's good that he still finds joy in the little things...

Yes, he's this obnoxious all the time. No, he does not ride the
short bus. Jonas is in 5th grade and I can't believe that Junior High is just around the corner. We considered the transition to a new school a success when he came home and told us that the teacher was the only one who thought he was a girl.

So, horray for school and we'll see you all at Target!

10 comments:

lindseyj said...

Your kids are awesome. Jonas is hilarious. I think C is going to be a giant like Finn is. He's well on his way! I love Mays new bangs. She looks dang cute. And I love the vest :) Let's get together again soon. Christian talks about your kids non stop.

bulkleybunch said...

cuteness for sure!! love ya :) and i so did not sell out. road closed, no ride, grandpa's 80th b-day, orem practice all day, short notice. . . enough excuses? okay, i totally feel guilty. hope it was fun. i did the tag, does that count for anything??? happy birthday old lady.

BrendaSue said...

Yea for school! I am jealous that you have a bus, I am still in the carpool life :( Enjoy it while it lasts, right?

Bockholt said...

Seths first day of school (of yet another semester anyway) is today and I wish I could send Kyla instead. Very cute pictures

Aubrey said...

What cute pictures! I loved em. So I have this student named Cody...he looks like an old version of Jonas! I should take a picture. He wears his heavy metal shirts each day, and his hair looks just like Jonas's. It's funny. I'm going to keep my blog updated on a weekly basis...it's a goal to prove to you I can do it. Miss you!

Cyndi said...

I love the picture of "jonas-ty" he is so funny! we need to get our "only-childs" together to play... ok well mabey just for us and not really them.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Oh my goodness...it is such a small world! I am so glad that you found me. Your kids are darling!! I love all of their names! That is so cool that you started that Baby bling. The stuff you make is so cute! So tell me more...where do you guys live etc.

The Johnson's said...

wow they are getting big. Love the bangs and it is fun to see her wearing such girly clothes. Can't believe we are the parents of those babies that use to play together so much

gr8fulmom said...

Summer I can't believe how old they are all getting. It was fun to see Mabel and your mom,oliver and sam at Sophie's baptism.. I miss seeing you guys. It was great to read your blog and catch up on your cute family.. Hope all is well with you guys-
Love ya-
schoneadventures.blogspot.com

AlliLovesLax said...

OMG that is so classic Jonas!