Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Heavy Metal = Good Old Fashioned Family Fun

So, here is part two of the family vacation we took at the end of May. The reason for the trip itself was the Iron Maiden Concert. This is not the first time we have seen them play, but it was definitely the best. They played all of their old stuff, which was awesome. Anthrax opened for them and they were rad. Though I have not been an Anthrax fan, I think you really like any band you see live. Wow, this kind of makes me feel like I am revealing my F-Chick side, though I must admit that the ripped Iron Maiden t-shirt I wore to the concert pretty much outed me. Heavy Metal concerts are how you imagined rock concerts to be when you were a little kid. None of the hopping up and down in place or sitting on a chair like the concerts of today. These are productions. Complete with smoke, fire, tight pants and giant skeletons. All of the moves you see people do with air guitars these guys do for real! People really sing the songs together and hold up lighters. I LOVE IT! The kids do too.




This was Rio's first concert and he loved it, though he only made it through a few songs before he passed out. Asleep, not drunk. He slept through almost the whole thing! The other kids have seen Iron Maiden before, and loved being able to sing all of the songs along with the rest of the fans.

4 comments:

BrendaSue said...

Did you say F-Chick?? Boy! That takes me BACK! And I'm a lot older than you (sad).

lindseyj said...

That is amazing. We're coming next time.

Amanda said...

I wish we could have seen you guys in Utah. I could only find Cyndi's email and I sent her one with my number but I never heard back. Then I get home and find out she didn't have internet or something like that. too bad. I was looking forward to a reunion. I guess blogs will have to do for the next little while.

Cyndi said...

Now thats what I call a family vacation! I could have let you borrow my Micheal Jackson jacket, it has a real "rocker" look to it when you take the sleeves off!:)